At Grow Remote we’re driven by the vision of a world where employment is both visible and accessible to everyone everywhere. We are a social enterprise who believe in the transformative power that remote working can have for every community in Ireland. We’re grounded in our values. We empower others. We champion others. We assume good intent. We have a bias for action. We believe that local impact is the most powerful tool for national change, and we can make that happen.
Grow Remote is a fast-growing and innovative organisation which sits at the intersection of multiple sectors and disciplines such as community development, the startup world, the tech industry, the social enterprise sector, further education and training and Ireland's labour market. Only six months from recruiting our first team member we are now looking for a remarkable person to join our team as employee no. 7: a Marketing Communications Lead.
The Marketing & Communications Lead will be an integral member of our team as Grow Remote continues to grow and to work towards our mission of driving fundamental change throughout Ireland. They will be responsible for expanding our Marketing and Communications function, helping to build, execute and report on our marketing and communications strategy and plan in support of our key business objectives.
Reporting to the Co-founder and/or the General Manager, the Marketing Communications Lead will carry significant responsibility for marketing and branding and will coordinate and implement our marketing communications activities across all channels – media relations, social media, website, events, and others. The Marketing and Communications Lead will play a critical role as we drive the Grow Remote brand to the next stage of development.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Contribute to and drive forward the Grow Remote marketing and communications strategy
- Develop and implement marketing and communications plans that will have maximum impact in supporting the aims and objectives of Grow Remote.
- In collaboration with our team leads and other stakeholders, implement communications plans for all of our areas of work – including events, PR activities, social media, and production of branded collateral
- Work closely with our Team to capture and spread the amazing stories of our Communities, Remote Workers and the impact of Grow Remote as an organisation
- Manage the Grow Remote website(s)
- Create and deliver compelling content for our social media channels, website and print media
- Grow and expand our social media presence into new platforms and/or increase our presence on existing platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Create regular targeted and impactful social media and email campaigns for all audiences
- Analyse and report programme performance, including social media data analysis, and provide reports and recommendations for improvement
- Ensure brand consistency in all external communications across the organisation
- Manage relationships with all suppliers including PR and event agencies
- Other duties as assigned.
- You are a self-starter who is highly motivated and able to work on your own initiative.
- You have a start-up mindset and enjoy being part of a fast-paced, innovative, and growing organisation with a ruthless ability to meet deadlines.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You are highly organised; you can manage and prioritise a varied workload and you have excellent attention to detail.
- You act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- You are willing to do the big and small things with equal conviction: you'll be expected to work strategically but not be afraid to work on the ground.
- You enjoy finding simple solutions to problems.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- At least three years experience in a marketing or communications role or similar
- Content creation experience including proven experience driving leads and traffic for new business through digital marketing activities
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Extensive knowledge of digital marketing tools and publishing platforms such as Photoshop, WordPress, Canva or others
- Experience in event management
- Demonstrated communication and organisational skills, including the ability to work to deadlines
- Proven ability to pick up a project and run with it – be a self-starter
- Experience in building relationships in a marketing or communications environment, including skills in relationship management
- Experience of working to objectives or targets
- Consistent excellence in verbal & written communications in English – the ability to write effectively and persuasively is a must
- Demonstrable digital marketing skills and experience
- A relevant third level qualification at Bachelor’s level
- Flexible, warm & friendly personality who can work well in a team environment
- A commitment to excellence and close attention to detail
- A commitment to Grow Remote’s vision and values
- Ability to demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and ethical fibre
Report to: Co-founder and/or the General Manager
Equipment: We will supply you will the tools you need to do your job well (Laptop, screen, peripherals)
- Salary - €35,000, 1 year full-time contract, with a view to extending this once funding is secured
- Income protection and a 5 % employer pension contribution (post probation)
- Flexible working hours
- The chance to fundamentally change Ireland
Location: Anywhere in the Republic of Ireland - fully remote
Deadline for applications is 5 pm on the 4th of June 2021
Interviews will take place during the week of the 21st of June 2021
Please apply with a cover letter and CV through our website: